Eastville History

 
Home
Town Services
Eastville History
Eastville Photo Gallery
Internet Links
Tall Ships' 2012
PowWow 2013

 

horizontal rule

Eastville's history is inexorably linked to the history of the town's old courthouse which is located on the historic Court Green.  An excellent historical summary of the Virginia Eastern Shore and the Eastville Courthouse can be found at the Northampton County Website.

 

The following Eastville buildings/districts are on the National Register of Historic Places. 
This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted August 21, 2009

Landmark name Images Location
James Brown's Dry Goods Store Click Here 16464 Courthouse Rd.
Cessford Click Here 16546 Courthouse Rd.
Eastville Mercantile Click Here 16429 Courthouse Rd.
Kendall Grove Click Here VA 674
Northampton County Courthouse Historic District Click Here E. by Rt.13 & extending from Rt. 13 .1 mi. west, & extending from the intersection of Rt. 631 .1 mi north & .1 mi. south.  Click Here for a 'birds eye' view of the District  
Oak Grove Click Here VA 630 N side, 1 mi. W of jct. with US 13  
Pear Valley Click Here S of jct. of Rtes. 689 and 628  
Selma Click Here 16237 Courthouse Rd.  

Eastville's Commemoration Coin (2007)

Eastville's c. 1800 Clerk's Office, located on our Nationally Registered Courthouse Green, has housed the Nation's Oldest Continuous Court Records (from 1632).

Our greatest contribution to the mainland, and Jamestown, was always our supply of whelk and clam shells (wampum), and corn which grew well on the Eastern Shore countryside.

Photo Gallery

 

 

 

Home | Town Services | Eastville History | Eastville Photo Gallery | Internet Links | Tall Ships' 2012 | PowWow 2013

This site was last updated 01/26/14